Monday 19 March 2018

Satisfy with the developer who wants to elevate Houston's interiors and put town on the map.

FOR ten years, NINA MAGON has already been on the Beyoncé-style "Upgrade U" mission to elevate interior design at Houston, dealing Texas-loved Tuscan-style vignettes for far more contemporary, modern aesthetics.

She opened his enterprise, Contour interiordesign, within the middle of the downturn in 2008--a speculative move for the programmer, that originally examined economics and finance, but the one who paid off : Today, together with locations in Houston and Miami, Magon's firm has made industry acclaim along with also a portfolio of highprofile projects, for example job in Saks Fifth Avenue as well as the Med Center.

A native Canadian, Magon transferred to Houston at 14 and just left for undergrad in Southern Methodist College. Later on, she pursued design and architecture in the Art Institute of Houston, her approach to unite a family background in real estate with a personal penchant for fashion.

It adhered, also Magon's lavish interiors thrust her in to the highlight in 2013 if she was picked by Oprah Winfrey's inner designer, Nate Berkus, to contend in NBC's American Dream Builders. A semi-finalist, '' Magon went in 2016 to take part in Style on a Dime Miami, a distinctive yearly contest she's now trying to bring to Houston within her most recent attempt to push the plan brand here.

About the Condition of design in Houston:
"Since I started my company, I've been going against the grain. We're not on the map for anything ... how is that possible when we're right behind New York and Los Angeles [in population]? I am really, really, really trying to push Houston to make its mark on design, and one of the first ways to do that is to educate our clients that there are other design styles available--it's not just that traditional look that you'll see here ... there are so many unique interpretations of design.



On her aesthetic:



On becoming a designer:
... It's invigorating, it's exciting, you get to change people's lives on a daily basis. There were just so many reasons for me to stay in this field. I've never turned back. It's become a little bit of an obsession."





On present endeavors:
"We're doing a [10,000 square-foot house in Memorial] right now that I'm really, really, really excited about ... we're really pushing the envelope for design in that house because our client is willing to explore, and they have an affinity for designer names. We have Louis Vuitton in that house, we have Fendi in that house, we have Minotti ... it's not done in a cheesy way, it's done very subtly. Mixing all these different brands from all over the world will really showcase in this house very nicely."



About Houston:
"I can walk into any restaurant or go into the mall or go into any public place and hear multiple languages being spoken in the same location. That is my favorite thing about this city, because at that point I realize that I'm in a melting pot, and I'm surrounded and I'm enriched by so many different people on a daily basis."





On inspiration:
"Travel, definitely travel ... even in my office--I have a very international office, we have people from all over the world working in our office, and I've hired purposely like that. ... There's no such thing as American design, but there is such a thing as a collective design. Whether that's modern or traditional or whatever it is, you get inspired from other people and other cultures all the time."

On balancing motherhood:
"It's very hard. I have a 9-year-old and a 6-year-old, and they're in every activity under the sun. It's so important that I don't take away from their passion and their dreams, but at the same time, I also have a dream, so there's this pull all the time. ... As a mom, I always have that guilty feeling, 'I have to be spending more hours together with my kiddies.' One thing that we as mothers have to realize--especially if we have a daughter, which I do--is that the lessons I'm teaching her being a working mom are invaluable. She's driven; she feels that she can do anything, just like her mom." 

No comments:

Post a Comment